[Rhodes22-list] Sunday sailing picture

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Oct 17 09:57:26 EDT 2005

	The picture was take heading northwest.  The island on the right
side is one of those on the north side of channel going up to Hartwell
Marina.  I got closer looks at all the sailboats, and I doubt any where
R22's.  That is how I eliminated Art.
	Is there a good name for that arm of the lake that goes up to
Hartwell Marina?  Would it be Flat Shoals Creek?
	Last weekend I was down visiting at Lake Thurmond.  It is quite
nice. However, because the lake is bisected with the bridge for Hwy 378,
makes it useless for sailboats.  Lake Russell has the same problem with Hwy
72.  What surprised me was that Thurmond is bigger than Hartwell.  Do you
know of any source of information that tells the bridge clearances?  It is
not on the boaters map of Lake Thurmond, at least not as could find quickly.

Ed K