[Rhodes22-list] Re: IMF and trailering

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Thu Sep 8 11:23:30 EDT 2005

I have furled in high winds with no problems.  Like everyone else has said,
you just need to get pressure off the main.  Another tip is to furl while
on a port tack.  The sail will feed through the mast slot and onto the
roller in a straight line.

The dual axle is definitely the way to go if you are going to do much
trailering.  You don't have to worry as much about weight distribution with
the dual axle.  I have heard some have had trouble getting enough weight on
the tongue with the single axles.

Bill Wickman

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           Deanpatent at aol.com     |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           rhodes22-list-bounces at r|
|         |           hodes22.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           09/08/2005 08:52 AM    |
|         |           Please respond to The  |
|         |           Rhodes 22 mail list    |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  |       To:       rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org                                                                                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [Rhodes22-list] Re: IMF and trailering                                                                       |

I have recently ordered a 2000 Rhodes 22 (newbie?) and have a couple of
questions for the list.  I have been sailing for about 6 years and
currently have a
27' catalina.

First, has anyone ever had any problems furling or unfurling the IMF during

high winds.  The IMF seems like a great idea, but a down side appears that
if
you have trouble "reefing" when you need to.

Second, I am leaning towards a double axle trailer.  Are there any problems

associated with launching and retrieving with a double axle trailer that
are
not present with a single axle i.e. is it harder to launch and retrieve
with a
double axle trailer?

Many thanks for your input.  I am very much looking forward to sailing my
Rhodes 22' and look forward to this list for help and advice.

Dean Domingue