[Rhodes22-list] Todd Z's problems & request for Peter T

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Fri Sep 30 14:22:04 EDT 2005

Ed,

The traveler line runs the same way Mark had it on Raven.  The only change I
made was to shorten the line quite a bit so the loop, when pulled tight,
allows you to adjust both ends simultaneously -- but you can only cleat the
one near your hand.  The loop slack tightens at around the forward end of
the tiller.  This disengages the lazy cleat so the line runs through the
fairlead part without getting cleated from leeward while trying to cleat
line to windward.

Anyway, this is how the traveler line is reaved:

1) deadended on the traveler bar (aft)
2) traveler sheave.  sheaves face aft.
3) clamcleat (now on forward part of bar per picture last sent)
4) loop forward over tiller to other clamcleat
5) symetrical the other side, etc.

Two weeks ago we won (our division III) of the Oriental Cup Regatta in a
Tanzer 26!  I'll write this up later.  Going racing tomorrow, so please be
patient.

In three weeks we are sailing to Ocracoke and back in 5 days or less.  You
Hartwell guys have trailers.  C'mon!

PT