[Rhodes22-list] Boom Room Update as of April 2nd

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 3 23:27:47 EDT 2006

Thanks, Slim

The boom is suspended from the back stay assemble.  Someone mentioned a concern about a break in the topping lift.  The back panels snap to the top.  I used a zipper on each side to fasten the side curtain.  Very secure, BTW Bill's suggestion.

The tiller is secured to the sides and could be lifted to the boom for access to the laz.

The front ripstop is secured to the PTE snaps at the bottom and the front of the top and the boom on the top.  There are snap-on panels to each side of the PT.  The clear plastic will be an option, or the PTE can be used.  The area with the plastic will be Sunbrella like material.  The individual pieces are not fixed to one-another, mainly for ease of setup, breaking down, and storage.

The side panels are loosened with a line either from the cockpit or from the deck to make it easy to shift on deck.

Setting the boom room in steps will make it much easier to do, maybe using the top only while cooking or having a brew in the evening in the cockpit.  It will enhance ventilation to keep some opening in the stern curtains.

Your input appreciated, Slim, especially as you are well familiar with a boom room already.

Art