[Rhodes22-list] burying the rail

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Apr 18 18:09:16 EDT 2006

Peter,
     I will let Bob reply to your comments, however, I did not read his post
as instructions to bury the rail, but rather to heel enough to increase the
water line (lwl).  I would also like Bob to reply to controlled heel effect
on sails and results thereof.  When you bury the rail as in your
illustration then you also get increased resistance of hardware and rigging,
yes?  That would slow the boat, while heeling just enough to increase the
waterline would yield what result?

Ed K
Greenville, SC USA

Ed K