[Rhodes22-list] Tiller Cover

L. Sailor watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 16:56:07 EDT 2006

Dave & Mark,

Sunbrella (the real stuff) is not dificult to sew on a
home machine. I have done it many times, as have many
of my friends. One thing that needs to be considered,
however, is the thread; an acrilan thread (not nylon
or cotton , which deteriorate ) is important.  (Don't
rmember if Polyester will work; maybe so...that stuff
is indestructible. How many of you guys still have
your leisure suits from the '70's??   ;^)

Potomac Sailmakers in the industrial park on Gen.
Washington Blvd would be a good source for finding the
thread. He can point you in the right direction. I
think that is off Braddock Road; I just cannot
remember the exact area. It is on the map.

If you just cut a narrow, blunt-arrow-shaped piece of
fabric,(make a pattern!) and use grommets and small
stuff, you can fashion a custom  cover that will allow
you to add a remote control or Tiller Tamer or
whatever...just relace the grommets with a longer
piece of line.

elle