[Rhodes22-list] Tuning our boat and Backing into slip

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Jun 1 08:33:56 EDT 2006

Putting a small amount of rake in the IMF mast will not put any substantial
strain on the bearings. The bearings are made out of a Ultra High Molecular
Weight polyethylene that can take a lot of abuse without much wear. In fact,
this material is used as a bearing material without lubrication in many
manufacturing and food processing machines.
Backing the R22 requires using both the motor and the rudder for best
control. It takes practice, but you will get the hang of it. I would practice
somewhere other than at your dock. Open water is the best place.
This list is for Rhodes owners and we like to talk sailing, but many of us
have dealt with the same topics for many years. Since we own this list, we are
allowed to discuss anything that we want to. Perhaps it's time for Michael to
 post the charter and rules.
Rummy