[Rhodes22-list] R22 Remote control linked outboard

Keyes, David dkeyes at velaw.com
Mon Jun 19 15:19:38 EDT 2006

Good point, Dave.  I will have to measure the shaft length on my 9.9
next weekend when I get back to Austin where the boat is.  It was Stan's
included motor in his 2001 UPP system, and my motor has always lifted
fully out of the water.

I was also toying with the idea of buying a really small, 2 hp backup
motor to keep in my garage most of the time, so I can get in and out of
the dock during downtime for my regular engine.  But I don't think there
would be a convenient place to mount it even when the 9.9 is off the
boat.  The UPP pulley and trolley system is so close to the stern
transom that there wouldn't be enough clearance for the motor tiller and
maybe for a pull-string manual start.

David