[Rhodes22-list] R22 Remote control linked outboard

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Mon Jun 19 23:23:26 EDT 2006

David,

You've hit a key point that concerns me also -  a backup/alternate OB  or
trolling motor.  My concern is what happens if the outboard quits and  the wind
isn't there to get us home.  Or if the wind will take us home (i.e  to the
approach to the marina channel) how do we transit the channel to  our slip if our
OB is out of action. I've got a paddle, but it's not going  to take us very
far.

Like you, I've assessed the stern to see where a backup OB or electric
trolling motor might be attached.   Between the OB, rudder, and swim  ladder the
transom looks full, I don't know how another motor could be fit  in and
operated.  I'd welcome any thoughts on this from anyone.   Right now my back up is
Tows-R-Us.

DaveL