[Rhodes22-list] Bill's Bahama Trip

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Mon Mar 13 09:04:22 EST 2006

Wow Chris.  I wish I had that much time.  This trip is doubly special for
me because it is the last bonding experience with my son before he goes off
to college.  I will probably not have as much time with him collectively
for the next 4 years as I will have on this one trip.  I was hoping to
stretch it into a three week trip (let alone 3 months) but alas, my son has
a summer job as a camp counselor at some far away camp so I'll be limited
to two weeks; besides the fact that I would probably lose my job if I took
longer.

I plan to follow your footsteps to Bimini and then on to the Berry Islands.
If time, weather, and the mood strikes us we may sail over to Providence to
visit my wife and two daughters who will be there for a week while one of
my daughters works as an intern at Dolphin Encounters.  A story, and the
genesis for this whole adventure, which I will not bore you with.  One
cardinal rule that I do plan to follow is to not have a scheduled
itinerary.  I'll leave that for the cruise ships.

Since you have been there, done that, I have a few of questions for you:

What things did you not take that you wish you had?

What things did you take that you found you did not need?

Is my Fortress danforth anchor (I've got two plus a small one for my
dinghy) adequate for anchoring in the Bahamas, or did you find need for a
plow type?

Is an outboard for the dinghy an essential piece of equipment?  I have read
that they are, but most of the people that say so were large boats with
deeper drafts than the Rhodes22.

Thanks,
Bill W.

             "Chris
             Geankoplis"
             <napoli68 at charter                                          To
             .net>                     "The Rhodes 22 mail list"
             Sent by:                  <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
             rhodes22-list-bou                                          cc
             nces at rhodes22.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [Rhodes22-list] Bill's Bahama Trip
             03/13/2006 01:17
             AM

             Please respond to
               The Rhodes 22
                 mail list
             <rhodes22-list at rh
                odes22.org>

Bill,
       I missed your original statement about a trip to the Bahamas.  Your
Idea/itinary sounds good.  I've made the trip on my previous Rhodes and
liked it so well in the Bahamas I stayed for 3 months.  I Sailed to Bimini
then Berry islands (some cool stuff there)-Providence to Eluthra back to
Profidence Then South through all theExumas, back to Providence and south
again to Georgetown then Back north to the northernmost islands including
Walker Cay then over to Freeport and finally to Gun Cay for the return
trip.  You can contact me backchannel if I can be of any help.

Chris Geankoplis
S/V Enosis
Medford, OR