[Rhodes22-list] Network Neutality

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon May 1 19:42:06 EDT 2006

Peter,

This is 2 high priced lobbies fighting each other over who will pay for
the bandwidth.  The notion that the users won't ultimately pay for it is
silly.  We're going to pay for it, or nobody will build it for us.  If
the "Network Neutrality" guys win, we are going to find our bandwidth
crammed with more and more crap until it slows down to a crawl.  Then we
will ask people to build more bandwidth and we'll say we will pay for
it.  If the "Network Neutrality" guys lose, they will have to pay for
the increased bandwidth, and we will have to pay them to get it.  Either
way we pay.

One reason to pay directly and oppose the "Network Neutrality" guys is
that a lot of the bandwidth goes for things I personally don't give a
damn about--pornography; video piracy; etc.  Let the people who want it
pay for it.

Bill Effros