[Rhodes22-list] OK wannabes ... a word of caution...

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue May 2 08:15:56 EDT 2006

It appears that the only area this boat could have leaked was around the
hatch. It sounds like a poor installation. There was an extensive article in
SAIL magazine describing the process for repairing rotten decking that I
described. I will try to locate the article if someone is interested.
There are many products that can be used for bedding hardware. In my
opinion, the best caulking available today is a one part polyurethane sealant.
Sherwin Williams has one with their name on it, another is a product called NP1
which is available at roofing supply stores. These products stick to everything
and remain pliable for ten or more years.

Rummy