[Rhodes22-list] Captain Peter Thorn - Champion Sailboat Racer

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Tue May 2 18:47:31 EDT 2006

Rummy, et al.,

I got the UPP set up on my boat as well, and so far so good.  I still need
to get down with a digital camera to show it with the Yamaha 9.9.  The
tiller ties to the top of the motor via a bracket over the motor cowling and
a connecting bar to the top of the tiller, so with the rudder down and at
low throttle you can do the one-finger steering method and have amazing
responsiveness.

FYI, the hiking stick set up with the flush mount in the coaming is
available as an aftermarket item in West Marine catalog.  It also works very
well.

Dave B.

On 5/2/06, R22RumRunner at aol.com <R22RumRunner at aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 5/2/2006 1:29:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> DCLewis1 at aol.com writes:
>

> http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200605/02/Apr19R22Launch
> 004.jpg
>

> Dave,
> That's really cool. This is the first time I've seen this setup. Do
> you  have
> any problems with using it?
> Personally, it goes against my keep it simple stupid system, but it looks
> kool.
>
> Rummy

David Bradley
203.253.9973