[Rhodes22-list] Engines: 4 stroke vs 2 stroke.

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed May 3 11:05:37 EDT 2006

Sorry I missed that.  But you sure can see it from the list, can't you?

I wound up doing a 14 year maintenance on my Tohatsu.  Cost about $300.
Needed a new prop.  Changed the spark plugs for the first time.  Didn't
need a new impeller, or anything like that.  Still running on gas from 2
years ago.  I just turn off the motor and don't think about it--never
run out the gas.  No varnish problem.  Open the air vent before I start
to use.  Close after.  If I forget the motor dies, so I know the system
is tight.  Never put additives into the gas...The dealer said I would be
crazy to switch to a 4-stroke, but he would be happy to sell me one, and
he would love to have my 2 stroke because they are so much more reliable.

Bill Effros