[Rhodes22-list] Single vs Double Axle

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Sun May 7 20:12:22 EDT 2006

Rory,

   I can't give you any help on single vs double - but I do know
that a painted  trailer in salt water will rust quickly.  I bought
my boat in Ct., it had originally been on Lake Michigan and
had a painted trailer.  Ther trailer was basically rusting away
when I brought it back to Indiana.  The owners claimed that
they thoroughly rinsed it with fresh water after every immersion.
Barely made the trip, with
various metal objects falling off along the way.  The only thing
that was holding the bunks on was the boat itself.  The bunk
started dragging on the highway as I was taking the trailer
back home. Go galvinized.

Ron