[Rhodes22-list] WTF? - political rant

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Fri May 12 13:12:14 EDT 2006

Robert,

Not bad, not bad at all.

But you forgot about the wildly unbalanced budgets; the constant tax cuts
even with the wildly unbalanced budgets.  You forgot about the evisceration  of
the American dollar and how that makes the cost of imports (oil) higher -
much higher, and the cost of traveling overseas prohibitive.  You forgot  about
an Administration roaming the world in pursuit of “free trade”, even as  our
trade deficit swelled beyond all reason.  You forgot about the  incompetence
that is Katrina, Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court, etc.  The  list goes on and
on.

But the big issue is what can be done about any of it.  Yeah, we need  an
election this fall that will accomplish the objectives you outlined, but how  can
that be made to happen?  Suggestion: don’t just vote in the  election,
additionally contribute and actively work to get the current  Administration's
minions in Congress out of office.  If the Republican  “moral majority” becomes a
minority in the House AND the Senate, things can be  fixed or at least stopped
until a competent President can  be elected.  I think we have to get actively
involved in the up-coming  elections if there's going to be change.

Dave