[Rhodes22-list] icebox

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon May 15 10:33:31 EDT 2006

Rummy,

Which electric ice box are you looking at?

The ones I see seem to be too deep.  Will says his ice box is 16" deep.
The one I'm looking at is 20" deep.

I note, also, that the one I'm looking at has "improved" refrigeration.
My limited experience with marine refrigerators is that they don't get
very cold, and don't stay very cold.

Also, they claim a current draw at 12 volts roughly equal to the current
draw on our cabin lights.  We'll have to break out the physics majors on
the list, again, but my rudimentary knowledge of thermodynamics suggests
you can't transfer enough heat with this amount of power to get much
beer very cold.

I'd love to have somebody else spring for $600 and test this thing out,
because I've been fooled too many times in the past.

Bill Effros