[Rhodes22-list] Thank goodness for 9 stays

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Mon May 15 10:58:51 EDT 2006

Rick, I had the exact same thing happen while under motor.  I had two young
kids aboard and their dad who knew just enough to steer the boat while under
power.  I was in a canal with 5 foot swell comming straight at me.  When I
got to the end I went had my crew point the boat into the wind and I went
forward.  I used one hand to hold on to the bucking deck another to hold the
forestay in place and a third to tread the now bent pin thru the hole.
after 10 trys I secured the furler to the bow pulpit and got back to the
dock.  I threw the quick release clevis pin away.  Any one out there with
that quick release pin take note - it can happen.  Bob