[Rhodes22-list] icebox

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Tue May 16 10:09:19 EDT 2006

Peter,

For the record, I happened to be on-line and looking at email when
Will's original post came through.  He requested a back-channel
response, and I sent one within minutes of his original posting.  I
assume you, Luis, and perhaps others did so, also.  Several hours later
I received a notification from my ISP that my email to Will had not gone
through.

At that point, I sent the message you and others saw through the R-22
list.  I suspect that was the first response Will saw to his original
message.

But in any case, there was nothing in Will's original post to indicate
that this was some sort of competition that would go to the first
responder, and it's a bit tacky to complain if someone on the list
decides to give away to someone else, something you might want for yourself.

In the Philadelphia lawyering department, let me note that I originally
requested an icebox like this one on Nov. 23, 2005, at 6:27 A.M.,
which, I believe, substantially pre-dates any request made by you, Luis,
or anyone else.

Bill Effros