[Rhodes22-list] icebox firestorm

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue May 16 08:18:27 EDT 2006

Hey stop and think about this.  The original iceboxes have not been made in
years.  I have one of the originals and in my opinion it is old.  Pastic of
the type this was made of, becomes brittle with age.  When I have to do
something with it, I would not go old but new.  So how do you get a new one
if that one is no longer made.  Ask Stan if one of the ones he makes will
work in an older boat.  If it does then for a few dollars extra, you get new
plastic not old.  Get something that will last more than half a season.  I
imagine that on a hot August day the door might just fall off the old one.
BTW, since somebody might have the sense to ask Stan, why not post the
details and price to save Stan calls over the same problem.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA