[Rhodes22-list] Brad: e-bay boat hull #

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Wed May 17 23:23:04 EDT 2006

Art,

That is partially true.  I'm not sure if you understand how ebay works so
let me give an example of that.

Let's say you want the item and your will to pay 50 for it.  the current bid
is 20. So you put in your bid for 50.  Now the bid doesn't go straight up to
50, it goes to 21.  If someone else comes along and bids 25, then your bid
goes up to 26.  If another person comes along and bids 45, then your bid
goes to 46.  If someone bids 50, then your bid goes to 50 and you are the
high bidder as your 50 bid was first.  If someone bids 51, then you are no
longer the high bidder.

Using your example.  Let's say the current bid is 6400 and you're willing to
pay 7000.  If the current high bidder has a maximum bid of 6900, then when
ezsniper bids your 7000, you will when with 6901, not 7000.  On higher
priced items, the increments are larger so it could be increments of 50 or
100 instead of 1.

Hank