[Rhodes22-list] alternative energy & a rant...

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Thu May 18 20:06:25 EDT 2006

Bob Keller wrote:
> Hey All,
> I just can't take it any more, so here goes:...

Gee, Bob Keller, those of us who are trying to reduce
our dependence on oil sure are screwed up, aren't we?
Enviro Waccos have prevented the oil companies from
exploiting the resources that they need to answer
the market, right?

Guess that's why Exxon stock is doing so well.

Let's take a different tack:

Those of us who are just trying to deal with the
real and present conditions -- including prices --
are looking seriously at alternatives, because we
are looking down an economic gun barrel.

We cannot unilaterally modify the socio-politico-
economic matrix we live in.  We can use our native
intelligence and learned skills to pull an end run
around the political and corporate gorillas that
stand across the direct approach, collecting tolls
from those too lazy or ignorant to build or find
and use another path.

We are taking care of business on a micro-level.
Call it anything you like, but you have to honor
those of us who play the ball where it lies,
rather than cursing the greens-keeper.

Jai Bhagwan,
Robert Skinner