[Rhodes22-list] Tom Trenkle

Tatflies at cs.com Tatflies at cs.com
Fri May 19 19:22:54 EDT 2006

Thank you Ed for your comments. I was beginning to think that the
Rhodes22-list was not really for sailers at all, but rather for those who prefer
discussions about the current energy crisis!

I am located approximately 65 miles due west of Chicago's loop. The ability
to bring the boat home would be great. Not just for storage, but also to work
on. The old saying was that we had to repair or maintain 3 things each day to
keep a boat in good shape.

And yes, I have not only held a tiller in my hand while underway, but have
also refinished a tiller (and the rudder on a 1965 snipe). My previous boats
include a snipe, a Hobie 16, a C&C 30 and an Endeavour 38.

I started racing as crew early in life, and continued racing as crew until
about 5 years ago.

A project boat is not out of the question. However, I would prefer a
floating, sailable vessel to use this season to evaluate its needs for next winter's
project.

Thanks,
Tom