[Rhodes22-list] Supplementation on Brad's reply to Wally on WTF

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Sat May 20 12:23:02 EDT 2006

I'm in a bad mood today so I won't contain myself on whether this is a good
war or a bad war

It all gets down to whose life is it anyway.  If it is Brad's life or Ed's
life at risk I think there may be something to be said for their position on
this "war".  If it is my life or my kids life to be risked for this war, it
is a bad one.   It is interesting to see by their action that most folks in
this administration seem to share my justice scale for valuing the worth of
this one.

Speaking of PBS Ed, did you hear the report they did on an Iraqi policeman
we trained and gave a gun to so he was able to fulfill his family obligation
to shoot his young niece to death because she had been kidnapped and her
subsequent release and joyful return home was now a blot on the whole family
because she may have been violated   What a great cause to give my life
for - dam, I am to old, but you guys .....and you all know the other cause
worth giving your life for in this war - the right to kill anyone who wants
to convert to Judaism - all right, that one is understandable.-   but the
right to kill someone who wants to convert to Christianity after seeing
Hanks new movie - now that should reinforce your desire to risk life and
limb for this cause.  And, if you really think this is a worthy, worthy war,
beyond letting others be dismembered for it, consider a non verbal deed like
being an efficient suicide bomber to match the worthiness of this great
cause.......

ss
: