[Rhodes22-list] Reply to the ranters

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Sat May 20 22:21:37 EDT 2006

To borrow an expression from Bill Effros, here's a
"quote without comment."  Brad

-----------------

'JEWS MUST WEAR YELLOW'

May 20, 2006 -- It is a frightening scene that
hearkens back to a monstrous crime: Iranian President
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who openly denies that the
Holocaust ever happened, now seeks to recreate the
catastrophe's earliest moments.

As columnist Amir Taheri discloses elsewhere in
today's Post, Ahmadinejad has pushed through the
parliament, or Majlis, a law requiring all Jews in
Iran to sew yellow strips of cloth to their clothes -
and wear a special ID insignia.

And not just Jews: All non-Muslims, including
Christians, Hindus, Bahai and Buddhists, must wear
clothes that conform to a specific color scheme for
their respective faiths - badges that warn Muslims
against having physical contact with "unclean" people.

Christians would be assigned the color red;
Zoroastrians would have to wear Persian blue. Muslims
would also be required to wear strict Islamic garb.

But the selection of yellow for Iran's 25,000 Jews is
especially odious: One of the earliest pieces of
anti-Jewish legislation in Nazi Germany required all
Jews to wear a yellow Star of David on the front of
their clothes. Intended as a mark of shame, this patch
also helped single out Jews for persecution.

Soon the Jews were more than stigmatized; they were
shipped to death camps.

The new Iranian law actually dates back to 2004, but
was blocked within the Majlis. Now that Ahmadinejad
has lifted roadblock - who has also threatened to
obliterate Israel. Which is why the echoes from Nazi
Germany are so ominous.

And it is yet another sign that Iran, under
Ahmadinejad, is testing the rest of the world's
resolve regarding Tehran's nascent nuclear-weapons
program - even as Hitler tested the will of Europe
with his piecemeal territorial expansion in the runup
to World War II.

If so, the prospect is worrisome. The European Union,
save perhaps for Britain, wants to avoid confrontation
with Iran. Just yesterday, the EU asked Washington to
consider selling Iran airplanes - to modernize its
fleet - as an inducement to cooperate on the nuclear
issue.

Sadly, the new law demonstrates that the Islamic
Revolution of 1979 was only the beginning of
theocratic repression of the people - now Iran is
marching to realize the revolutionaries' most extreme
ideological goals.

That is not an ideology that is open to negotiation
and conciliation. America learned this lesson with the
444-day hostage crisis. The world cannot afford to
face a similar demonstration.

NEW YORK POST is a registered trademark of NYP
Holdings, Inc. NYPOST.COM, NYPOSTONLINE.COM, and
NEWYORKPOST.COM
are trademarks of NYP Holdings, Inc.
Copyright 2006 NYP Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.