[Rhodes22-list] Lake Michigan & Lightnings

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Fri May 26 23:54:33 EDT 2006

Hey Carol,
                I knew there was some Lightning lurkers out there.  I too
learned to sail on a lightning.  It was a bit past its prime, wooden hull
with a complete irrigation system.  Gee they were fun boats to sail.  Mine
was an Italian built mahogany beauty 1949 vintage.  I finally decided one
year to sai it from Naples, Italy to Turkey.  Needless it isn't a blue water
ship and it did take a couple of summers but what joy it brought.  Thanks
for sparking the memories.

Chris G
Medford, OR
S/V Enosis