[Rhodes22-list] RIK

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun May 28 08:09:55 EDT 2006

Rik,
      I was asking a very pointed question.  I have seen the boat.  It
appears to be in very good condition.  However, the buyer continued on like
he never bought it.  A small acknowledgement as to what was going on is/was
appropriate.  Since he has a standard mast, it was worth buying it for the
mast and rigging alone.  However, since he never mentioned that he had
bought one boat and continued on about other eBay boats, I thought a
question as to what was going might get an answer and until an answer was
forth coming, it was appropriate to tell others.  The deal was done.  It no
longer needed to be a secret, that is unless more is/was going on.
      My observation is that the hull is in good condition.  The size of the
hatch in the fordeck is an issue.  In my opinion, the size of the hatch is
way too big and could be a structural issue.  Since he has another Rhodes, a
mold could easily be made to make a replacement part to restore the boat.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA