[Rhodes22-list] (OT) No good deed goes unpunished.

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Mon May 29 02:35:08 EDT 2006

Rummy, Bill, Chris,

Rummy,  believe me, I wanted to shoot him.  I still have a sawzall that
he borrowed and ruined.  I was really concerned about the oil too, but
it was only on the deck and none was on the engine itself, so I do not
think there is a leak.  I let him store his household belongings in my
basement and garage (free-of course) after he sold his last home before
construction was completed on his present home.  Somehow everything in
his new garage looks familiar, and I am missing so much.  In the past, I
have just let it go, but this is the absolute last straw.

     Bill,  IIRC my starting procedure is to run the garden hose
unattached for a minute or so to purge the air. Connect the hose to the
washer and let it run for another minute or so.   Then pull the trigger
allowing a small stream of water to spray out (house pressure) to purge
any air from the pump unit and piping system and bleed any pressure on
the pump impeller before trying to pull start.  This may not be the mfg.
recommended starting procedure, but I never got the manuals back when
that dummy borrowed the washer the first time.

  Chris, I like your point that he has saved enough money by borrowing my
stuff over the years that he could afford to go and buy his own tools.
But what is really sad in all of this....he has retired from 20 years of
civil service and is now trying to start his own business building decks
and doing home improvements.  And worst still; I have the back of my
pick-up filled with trash and yard debris, claiming to have not found the
time to make it to the dump, just to keep him from asking to borrow the
truck again.   (I know he is too cheap to pay the $12/pick-up load
tipping fee)

I want to escalate this into a reason to sever ties completely, but,
because he is married to my wife's sister, that will be difficult.  I did
not attend my mother-in-law's 75 birthday celebration today because he
was going to be there. I knew I would cause a scene and did not want to
ruin the party.  Instead I spent that time putting locks on my garage and
patio doors. :-(

Todd T.