[Rhodes22-list] Sailing story

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue May 30 17:09:29 EDT 2006

I was out drinking Sunday afternoon attempting to find something called
wind, but alas, none was to be found. I saw a San Juan 24 circling with sails up
and the skipper feverishly cleaning his boat. I watched him work for quite
some  time while enjoying my cold, cool, refreshing beverage. I finally motored
over  by him and offered him a cool beverage which he immediately accepted.
After  handing him the beer (I don't waste rum on strangers) he started asking me
 questions about the R22. He couldn't believe the size of the cockpit, the
cabin  and on and on. Then he spotted the IMF and the 175 with roller furling. I
didn't  think he was going to ever stop talking. Finally we separated when
the wind  picked up slightly. He just stood with open mouth watching me pull
sails out and  be under way in less than 30 seconds. As I sailed away from him he
asked me for  the third time: " what kind of boat is that"?

Rummy