[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard line cleat

bgreenwald at optonline.net bgreenwald at optonline.net
Wed May 31 13:15:37 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Having launched on Sunday, my first discovery that I hadn't noticed while on land is that my centerboard line cleat is failing - one side is not springing back as it should.  Is this an easy replacement?  I don't want to remove the existing cleat without knowing what I am getting into.  Do I simply pull out the old one and screw in the new one or is it more complicated than that? Not sure if backing plates are required and, if so, how to access them.  Do I need to use 4200 or 5200 (or somethng similar) to bond in the screws?  As you can probably tell, when fixes go beyond usng a screwdriver I am pretty much at a loss.  Thanks for any help on this.

Bruce Greenwald
S/V Ruach II