[Rhodes22-list] Herb, quite fooling with that antique, look here

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed May 31 22:24:21 EDT 2006

That boat's been listed before. If they gave it to me, I'd consider taking it home and working on it. I wouldn't pay for it.

I love it when these guys on these hurricane boats say "very little damage", or "just needs some fiberglass work". Scroll down to the pictures that show the inside cabinet area (they about 8 pics up from the bottom). Note that the description said "THE ONLY DAMAGED PART IS THE MAST. THE INTERIOR CABINET IS SHIFTED ALSO" (which is a contradictory statement). Now ask yourself, how much pressure would the storm have had to put on the hull to crush the cabinets that way? How much damage was done to the hull when it happened? How much would YOU trust this boat after you glassed the cabinets back in place?

I wouldn't.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> ekroposki at charter.net 5/31/2006 6:23:34 pm >>>

Herb,
       Here is your boat.  All it needs is a new mast.  Look at the size of
this thing.  You could sail round the world.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1980-ODAY-37-FT-SAILBOAT-NEVER-SUNK-NICE_W0QQitemZ4644797947QQcategoryZ63731QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is that site that Mark P is complaining about eBay postings.

Ed K
Greenville, SC USA

Sent from the Rhodes22 forum at Nabble.com.