[Rhodes22-list] Speaking of Sailing, and the list...

Tatflies at cs.com Tatflies at cs.com
Tue Nov 7 00:34:03 EST 2006

Yesterday, I experienced a wonderful sailing experience that I want to share.
The boat was a beautiful Hunter 33.5, skillfully sailed by gracious list
member Anne. The air was cool, the breeze fresh and the company grand.

Kentucky Lake was virtually empty and mostly flat. We sailed upwind with a
single reef in the main and a full (150) headsail. Once the boat was set on each
tack, the helm was seldom touched. The boat pointed nicely without any
effort! We spun around after a nice stretch of water under her keel and sailed a
casual run back toward the harbor. Anne's attention to detail was evident in the
way she sails and the way she maintains her boat.

Anne, thanks again for your generous gift of time. Kentucky Lake is a great
sailing lake and the fall colors enhanced the whole experience.

As a relative newbie (7/06), I am so impressed with the kindness and
generosity of the two people that I have been fortunate to meet from this list. This
list is truly made up of a special group of individuals.

Tom Trenkle