[Rhodes22-list] Drive shaft dripping

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Nov 8 10:08:08 EST 2006

Brad,
Depending on which material was used in the stuffing box, the dripping  might
be normal. There are two materials used. One is a natural fiber and the
other a silicon based material. With the natural fiber it is normal that the cap
might need tightening over time. I don't have much experience with the silicon
 based material, but I do know that both are supposed to drip.....some. I'm
going  sailing this afternoon with someone that has experience with stuffing
boxes and  I'll try to remember to ask him.
Temps in the 60's today with winds 10 to 15............a full bottle of  rum,
plenty of ice and coke....what's not to like?

Rummy