[Rhodes22-list] Rigging Question.

Philip 3drecon at comcast.net
Sun Oct 1 23:53:57 EDT 2006

Thanks , it helps.

Philip

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org]  On Behalf Of Slim
Sent:	Sunday, October 01, 2006 10:22 PM
To:	Rhodes22-list
Subject:	Re: [Rhodes22-list] Rigging Question.

Philip,

I'm unaware of any rigging instructions per se, but if your sail went OK
then you probably have it right.  The extra deck hardware is there for extra
stuff like spinnakers and also two or three different places you can route
your jib sheets:  The standard route goes outside the upper shrouds, through
the jib block car and to the winch.  Second route is inboard of the upper
shrouds and through the fair lead on the deck along side the cabin, then to
the winch.  The third route is inboard of the lower shrouds and through the
cam cleat on the cabin roof and not to the winch.  These additional sheet
routes are for better pointing (closer hauled) when the jib is furled in
heavier winds.  The other, smaller cam cleats on the cabin roof are for the
topping lift (port) and jib furling/reefing line (starboard).  My topping
lift comes down from the masthead sheave and goes through the small block
just behind the port aft lower shroud chain plate and then through the
smaller lead and cam cleat on the cabin roof.  Not all boats are equipped
the same but that's how my boat is rigged.  Mine is a 1990 but many others
are similar.

Hope that helps,

Slim