[Rhodes22-list] Sailing, for real.

Jim White lemenagerie22 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 07:26:17 EDT 2006

Rummy:
  I took off yesterday at 1100 and sailed till 1900 Almost all the way to the international boundary <river mouth>. Not so much rum, but got beat up by 4-6 foot seas and a helluva entrance into the Brazos Santiago pass. The combination of outgoing tide and incoming swell produced a breaking bottleneck like a standing wave. Steep breaking waves.....ever seen a sailboat surf down the back side sliding and twisting into the pit?

  Water was clear, air temp was 85 and once we got back into the bay the festivities began. Not sure if I'm hung over or beat up this morning
  ;-)
  jw

R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:
  Well, while all you wannbe sailors are hard at work, I was out sailing. Not
great winds (6 to 8)but it was still a great evening and massive quantities of
rum were consumed and loud music was enjoyed. Aren't you at least a little
jealous? And, I was wearing a swim suit, no shirt and the temps were in the
upper 70's.

Rummy