[Rhodes22-list] Old Style rudder heads

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Sat Oct 7 15:16:04 EDT 2006

I know a few of us with older boats have struggled rebuilding rudder
heads.  Roger made his out of UHMWPE and it will serve him well for
years.  I have been in contact with a company near Richmond about making
a new rudderhead for me from 1 1/2" Starboard, on their CNC machine.  I
have since stopped making drawings with Paintshop and have been trying to
teach myself Autocad.  I hope to have the head made without actually
shipping the old one to the machine shop or making a plywood template.

I have attached the drawings in .jpg format.  Maybe these drawings will
be helpful to someone in the future.  I also have them scaled to actual
size in .dwg format if anyone has a plotter.  The machine shop will most
likely convert the files to .dxl format for their CNC machine, of which I
hope to get copies.

Todd T.

Play 100s of games for FREE! http://games.mail.com