[Rhodes22-list] Brad--Politics

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 17:19:53 EDT 2006

Slim,

Been there, done that!  Only I was arrested for violent assault, a felony
offense and career ender, and then hauled into court for a restraining
order.  What saved my ass was the truth (plus a lawyer).  I told the judge
at the restraining order hearing that it needed to be granted provided the
other party understood it was a two-way street.  What really saved me was my
'version' of the truth, and the truth. I turned down a plea bargain and
agreed to a bench trial on a misdemeanor offense.  Everyone in the courtroom
was with me by the end of my testimony.

Divorces can get ugly.  I'll give Fine the benefit of the doubt on this
issue.  He's not on record of being a racist anti-Semite (oh yea, he's
Jewish, nevermind) and doesn't hide behind a dozen pen names.  He may not be
as flamboyant as Ellison but he has far less to hide.

Brad