[Rhodes22-list] Paint questions

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Oct 9 09:08:19 EDT 2006

Jim:

     If you have some time and have a place where the boat's ambient
temperature will remain above 60 degrees, I believe that Evercoat has a
product that you can use by yourself.  See:

http://www.evercoat.com/productDetail.aspx?pID=106

     I have used this product on my Rhodes and other boats.  While it comes
white, the white appears to be there for opacity.  It can be colored using
their pigments.  It takes very little pigment to change the color of small
amounts of paint (gel coat) used in touching up.  I have used it as white,
various off whites and tan.  In a warm environment it dries in a day.
Cooler conditions would require longer times.

      Captain Rummy introduced me to a tool to use for finishing the surface
prior to buffing.  It is a small three paded sander from Sears.  The pads
are about one inch in size.  You use coarser pads to level and fine pads to
set up the surface for buffing.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA