[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes22-list Digest, Vol 966, Issue 2

bobmellor rhmello at aol.com
Fri Oct 13 21:00:35 EDT 2006

Marc...

Greetings.. i'm in bethlehem, west side... picked up an '80 rhodes this
summer.....  a bit more of a project than i expected, but getting there....

When I got it, I rented a transient slip at nockamixon, but when I launched,
within an hour i found a few of inches of water in the bilge... decided it
unwise to leave her in the slip.

Since then I ground out and patched an old repair in the bow, resurfaced the
centerboard cap, put in a new centerboard cap gasket, replaced centerboard
pendant tube, ground and patched where the keel and centerboard trunk meet,
and rebuilt the pin slot on one side of the trunk.  Also cut out two rotten
stringers and removed everything that was removable in the cabin.

Put her back in nockamixon a couple of weekends ago (no mast, just motor)
and cabin stayed dry as a bone.

Now to replace the stingers and reassemble/repair/replace the interior and
repair/replace all ports.

A few questions... How often do you get to Nockamixon?  Do you have a slip
or do you trailer down there each time?  Where do you put your boat for the
winter?

If you have some free time, I'd like to take a look at yours as I get ready
to put mine back together.....

let me know.

bob mellor
1118 spring st