[Rhodes22-list] Re: Mast Step

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Oct 16 06:30:09 EDT 2006

Tom:

	You are missing one very important aspect to this project:  Ambient
temperature.  When working with current epoxies and adhesives (silicone, et
al.), the ambient temperature is very important.  Do not attempt repairs in
temperatures below the manufactures recommended.  The epoxies will not cure
correctly nor will adhesives adhere effectively.
	Therefore, you should bring your supply of rum to Anderson, SC, with the
boat to do the repairs.  Our current temperatures are still warm enough to
get the job done correctly.  I am sure you would not want to fix this twice.
Check with Rummy for his available time, and come on and let’s get this
fixed.
                 Doing it this way you would get proper instruction doing
the repair and a few pointers on how to sail the Rhodes 22 correctly.
Remember that Captain Rummy is the list's practiced craftsman in roof
repair.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  http://www.marinetex.com