[Rhodes22-list] evaluating a used boat

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 19 08:57:59 EDT 2006

Chet,

The boat sounds loaded. If I was in the market I would jump all over it.
Sounds like all you need is a fresh coat of Aurora (sp?) Sure Step Wax. This
product is designed to make your deck a little "stickier".

Sails last a long time as most people don't use them very often. Some people
will use the same sails for well over ten years. Others replace them much
sooner. Hardcore racers get new sails every year. The price of sails has a
wide range depending upon size and materials. I haven't priced lately but I
am sure you could find new IMF Main and genny for around $1,500 and up. My
guess is the sails are fine. I am sure Brad will comment.

Even with blown sails the price sounds pretty good. As alway buyer beware
but Rhodes are generally well made and it sounds like this one has been
taken care of.

Good luck,

Wally