[Rhodes22-list] evaluating the used boat

Chet Orton chet.orton at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 13:26:33 EDT 2006

Mary Lou,

Thanks. I hadn't considered extra weight beyond the boat's displacement. My truck has a small 6 and the rated towing capacity is 3500 with a manual trans, 5000 with an automatic. I have a manual 4WD. The hitch I installed is rated at 5000, so I don't think it will fail. It's not very hilly around here so I think it'll be alright, barely. I'll probably just need to replace the clutch sooner. I can drop it into 4WD Low for crawling up/down boat ramps.

Chet