[Rhodes22-list] Hey Chet....

Luis Guzman trpclman at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 20 12:49:23 EDT 2006

I towed my R22 from Little Rock, Arkansas to Bradenton, Florida using a Dodge Dakota Quad with 6 a cyl., automatic tranny and a hitch rated at 5000 lbs.

  I did add adjustable air bags to the rear of the truck because the bed was almost to the pavement when I'd  tow my old boat. This really made a big difference in the way the truck handles when it is loaded.

  It  was slow going up the steepest hills, but it was not bad at all. I'll say that I was doing 40 mph at the least. The rest of the time I was doing 60 mph to 70 mph.

  Luis.

Tootle <ekroposki at charter.net> wrote:

Chet,
All this chatter about towing is a red herring if you do not have a
boat to tow. Some of the guys saying you cannot do, do not have and never
had a Rhodes 22 to tow. While I have a ford van with a v-8, others have
routinely towed a Rhodes 22 with a six...
In fact ask Chris what he used to tow a boat from Maryland to Oregon.
He is a place for you to drool over:

http://www.frappr.com/rhodes22

You might consider going to Edenton to show that lady that you have
mentioned the differenced between a porta potty and a marine head. After
which she might have an opiniion. Call Stan and make an appointment to see
one.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
See: