[Rhodes22-list] Off to Iraq

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 11:42:28 EDT 2006

Does Bob Keller always lie?

I've only been on the list a week or so, so I haven't
learned everyone's personallity yet.

If you don't know who worte this, I can post a story about
my buddy that just returned.  He's not military, just
another worker bee here at Northrop Grumman, so he got to
spend only thee months there until his work was finished.

But this is a sailing list and I think he was flown there,
not sailed.  But heck I have noticed posts about flying and
even sex here, so maybe I should post it.

In the mean time, fair winds!

--- Bill Effros <bill at effros.com> wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Please cut the crap--I don't think it's going to work any
> more.
>
> Of course, we don't know who really wrote this, nor do I
> care. Passing
> on this right-wing screed inside a "support the troops"
> banner is
> deceitful.
>
> Bill Effros
>
> Bob Keller wrote:
> > Got this from my brother and wanted to pass it on.
> > Bob
> >
> > This is from a co-worker at HP who's son left for Iraq
> today. This
> > comes to me directly from his Dad. I will be getting
> periodic updates
> > from him and will forward. I will take the last name
> off so as to
> > protect his privacy, but forward on, because these
> brave troops need
> > our continued support and prayers.
> >
> > Bill
> >
> > Everyone,
> >

> > Well after months and months of yakking about it the
> day is finally
> > here
well almost here, just have to go to sleep tonight
> (we’ll see
> > about that) and it’ll be here tomorrow. I’m sure pretty
> much everyone
> > is wondering what I’m thinking right now, what are my
> feelings, and
> > all that other stuff
I guess I’m going to be super-cool
> and spill it
> > for you, just because I’m that awesome. :c)
> >
> > I’m ready to get going, and I have been ready since my
> last visit to
> > Colorado
sitting around here this last week or so is
> just awful,
> > waiting is never fun
gives you too much time to think,
> and a lot of
> > the time thinking gets you in trouble. I am ready to
> wage this war
> > against militant-Islam, because it is something that
> absolutely has to
> > be done. Some look at Iraq and just see Saddam and WMD
> and that MY
> > BOSS was wrong to go in there (btw we found enough WMD
> to kill
> > everyone in Baghdad, but I guess you didn’t hear or
> read about that
> > anywhere, ask me if you really want details
oh, and
> Saddam really was
> > a horrible asshole
pardon my language to both my
> grandmothers
), but
> > it is well past that point
Iraq is the line in the sand
> between
> > civilized nations and Islamic fascism, because whether
> you want to
> > believe it or not, there are a large group of people
> out there who
> > want you and everyone else dead unless you convert to
> their way of
> > thinking. The great thing about Iraq is that all these
> idiots have
> > decided it is a lot easier to fight us there than it is
> to come to the
> > United States and fight you
which I am fine with,
> because I’m going to
> > be so horribly well armed and armored that I welcome
> their best shot
> > at destroying everything I have dedicated my life to
> defend.
> >
> > While I’m gone I encourage all of you to live it up for
> me
I can’t do
> > it, so you all should do it double for me
take those
> extra few days
> > off of work, take that trip, try for that double on
> your dirt bike,
> > fish that run one more time, let your kid stay up that
> extra 15
> > minutes, stay in the duck-blind 15 more minutes after
> you think the
> > birds have stopped flying, drink that extra drink
> think you get the
> > idea
everyone has that area in their life where they
> can indulge, so I
> > encourage you all to do it for me. The only thing that
> I am worried
> > about going into Iraq is letting my guys down, letting
> all of you
> > down, and letting my country down; and I can tell you
> with all of my
> > heart that it is NOT in my intention to do any of those
> things. I
> > promise you all that I will be careful, but at the same
> time I promise
> > that I will kick the ever-living CRAP out of anyone
> that presents a
> > threat to me or you...they WILL die, and they’ll do it
> before I do.
> > This war is the most important war that has been fought
> since WW2,
> > easily, if not more so. The things that we do tomorrow
> and in the next
> > five years will shape the world as we know it for
> centuries to come
if
> > we leave Iraq before we win the fight then all of the
> western world is
> > in danger, just remember that
and I will elaborate on