[Rhodes22-list] My other "boat"

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 21:49:29 EDT 2006

Hank,

During my younger, braver days (high school), I used to buzz sailboats
on Carlyle Lake, Bob Weber's home waters in Southern Illinois. It was fun to
pull up and circle to see if they reacted.  Most of my friends were farm
boys and they got the open tractors while their dad's had the cabs.  They
couldn't hear a thing, so I'd sneak up behind them at head level and scare
the wits out of them.  They'd leave a big squiggle in the field which seldom
went unnoticed by their dads. On one of the many occasions I skipped school,
I flattened my PE class on the exercise field.  They gave me a suspension
which meant I didn't have to skip school on those day.  Smart thinking!

That was then, I'm happy to get from point A to B now.

Brad