[Rhodes22-list] My other "boat"

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 05:37:41 EDT 2006

Hi Hank

Once upon a time when I was younger and knew everything
(just like my 17 y/o son does now) ... we considered the
white belts in Judo class the most dagerous.  They were
very ready to show the two or three moves they just
learned, but seemed to forget it's a sport, and not a life
or death combat situation.  So when you were thrown by one,
you may not land the way you should. :-)

happy FRIDAY!

--- Hank <hnw555 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Brad,
>
> You'll probably read this in the morning, but, in the
> Army, most pilots are
> Warrant Officers, who range in grade from W-1 to W-4
> (Actually it is WO-1 to
> CW-5 but that just complicates the story).
>
> We quickly learned that the most dangerous group to fly
> with were the W-2
> pilots.  The W-1s were fresh out of flight school and not
> yet confident
> enough in their skills to do something real risky and the
> W-3 and above had
> had a few near misses and survived and realized just how
> dangerous and
> serious flying could be.  The W-2s were proficient in
> their skills and still
> felt invincible, henceforth, they crashed a lot.
>
> Hank
>
> On 10/26/06, Brad Haslett <flybrad at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hank,
> >
> > Yep!  The same adage applies to sailors.  There's a
> certain envelope with
> > any new sport or skill set where your willingness to
> experiment exceeds
> > your
> > ability.  If you can make it past that 'danger zone',
> you'll probably
> > survive.
> >
> > On that note, I've got to teach a class on regulations
> in the morning.
> > Nothing like reviewing FAR's to put you to sleep
> quickly.
> >
> > Good night!
> >
> > Brad
> >

> > On 10/26/06, Hank <hnw555 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Brad,
> > >
> > > Remember the other old adage, "There are old pilots
> and there are bold
> > > pilots, but there are NO old, bold pilots!"
> > >
> > > Hank

=== message truncated ===