[Rhodes22-list] Rhodies Essential Library

rjquinn at bellsouth.net rjquinn at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 27 12:57:11 EDT 2006

I am one of those unfortunate people who seem to collect sailing "how to" sailing books.  In my opinion one of the best is "The Complete Sailor" [Learing the Art of Sailing] by David Seidman.   This is a great starter and a good review for those of us who have thought we mastered the art of sailing

There are many other great books out there.  My all time farovite is an August 15, 1964 "hand typed" guide to sailing the Snipe put together by an Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Edward J. Seliga for the Misawa Yacht Club where I learned to sail, also in 1964.  {:>(  or is it {:>)  as it is the most enjoyable pastime I have, and continue to, enjoy.   However, it is not commercially available to the best of my knowledge.

Cruising Fundamentals by Harry Munns is also a good one.   Beyond that you get into "Chapman Piloting "and "the Annapolis Book of Seamanship" which are great additions to any boaters library.  I actually prefer the Annapolis book.

Fair Winds,  Bob on the "NoKaOi"