[Rhodes22-list] Weather

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Oct 27 13:17:38 EDT 2006

Hadz,

(did I miss your signature?)

Another thing we try to do is change the subject line when we change the
subject.  If you have been following the past few days you saw where
people attributed remarks to the wrong party because signatures were not
in-line on multiple replies.  Also, when going back to the archives it
is so much easier if we break out changed topics.

We have discussed weather on this list.  The Internet makes it so much
easier, and there are so many new sites, it's probably time to discuss
it again.

It's very regional.  For the most part, anyone can learn to read the
local weather maps.  In some regions the weather is very predictable.
In others sudden squalls can appear on any given day almost without warning.

In past years NOAA short to medium term weather predictions were quite
accurate for my region.  This year they were not.  Don't know why.
Might be a funding issue.

I'm still on the water, so no time to review the sites I like and use at
this point, but I'm sure others will indicate where to find the best
weather, radar, and satellite maps.  Brad offered a Pilots weather map
that I have found very useful.

Bill Effros