[Rhodes22-list] How to reduce your apparent stupidity (macintosh only)

L. Sailor watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 28 07:43:44 EDT 2006

Hadzie Joe, ;^)

  Yea, I know...;^)...but it's only two years old (yea...two centuries in tech time..) I actually have three older computers in the garage...one of these days I'll rip the hard drives out of them & take them to the computer recycling place. Might make a good winter project....

  My current computer is doing what I need it to do, at the fastest speed the conditions allow, so it's the best machine for the job. Even if i got the latest & greatest, at 56K dialup (@44500 download, performance would not be appreciably better.

  Wireless is not an option...not offered where I am...and no cell phone service w/in 2 mi of the house.....

  I have Cingular..had TDMA which I could use from my house if I got in just the right spot...they FORCED me to change to GSM by tacking a monthly surcharge onto my bill...(which they would remove after I called & fussed each month  )...so now I have GSM, more minutes, costs more...and can use it in fewer places.....Ah, progress...

  But the view......;^)

  elle

Joseph Hadzima <josef508 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Hi Elle

Your PC would also make a good dingy anchor :-)

At my work we have a big old DEC VAX with not one but two 4
foot high hard disk drives! It's still running, and used
daily to support an older radar system still in the field
working hard in Iraq. I guess when it's no longer needed
we can use it as a mooring anchor! It would be too large to
put on a Rhodes ... though it would be a good test of it's
unsinkability (is that a real word?)!

The the good old machines die hard, don't they elle.

HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

If I'm so "crazy," then why did they choose me to be their
spokesperson to the people of Earth?

(this email sent using 100% recycled electrons)