[Rhodes22-list] My other boat

salm at mn.rr.com salm at mn.rr.com
Sun Oct 29 17:07:33 EST 2006

Brad,

I'm trying to get caught up after a week or so away from the internet.  One
word--Wow!

Anyway, my dad the doctor (PhD) had a V tail doctor-killer and yup, he
crashed it.  There was icing on the wing and
shortly after takeoff he couldn't maintain his climb and picked out the
biggest snow drift he could find and put her
down.  No injury to himself or his passenger.

Later he got a Piper Comanche which was painted black and always drew a lot
of comments.  One time he landed for
fuel at Ft. Wayne and the guy in the tower asked, "Is that plane black?"
Dad said, "Yes--I'm an undertaker."  The
tower asked if he could fit a coffin in there.  Dad said, "No, I have to
sit them up."  ...silence from the tower.

Slim